Living Life Thankful

Living Life Thankful
Thankful

Monday 30 July 2012

Top Ten Benefits of Singledom


10.  I can serve up breakfast cereal for dinner and be thought of as an awesome mother. We can even eat in one sitting. No, kids eat now and grown- ups eat later nonsense!

9.  I can watch Saturday Kitchen and as many chick flicks as I want without having to watch golf or a rugby match in return.  I do realize that my time on this one is running out but for the time being my boys would still rather play sport than watch sport. 

8.  I can change into my PJs at the same time as my three year old because there’s no one around to think of me as a slob. I do draw the line at a onesie though!

7.  The kids know that my word is final.  There’s no, we don’t like your answer so we’re going to go and ask the other grown up in the house.

6.  I can eat cookies in bed without anyone complaining about the crumbs.   In fact they allow me to have an extra ten minutes in bed the next morning because my little one has a snack to keep her going!

5.  The en suite is a haven; the toilet seat is always down, there are no nasty niffs, loo roll is always in place and the toothpaste is squeezed just the way I like it.

4.  New skills are acquired when there’s no one else around to nag ask to do jobs such as draining and cleaning filters on washing machines or rewiring plugs.  I’ve even developed a pretty good gauge for how far my car can travel on fumes.  So far, so good. 

3.  I can watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics and ogle Mr Beckham as much as I like.

2.  I avoid agonizing debates on Friday nights.  If I want an Indian curry over a Chinese take away then that is exactly what I have. 

1.  I can go to bed without ever having to be suffering from the ‘proverbial headache’.

Please feel free to add to this list.  It will help to con me into thinking that I’m perfectly content on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment